Looking for maple recipes? Here we’d like to invite you to try some of our favourite maple recipes. Enjoy!
Maple barbecue sauce (makes 4 cups)
For a twist on the summer grill try this delicious maple barbecue sauce.
- ¾ cup of pure maple syrup
- 1 cup of ketchup
- 2 tsp of grated lemon rind (optional)
- 1 cup of finely chopped onion
- ¼ cup of brown sugar, packed firmly
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup of water
- 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped or crushed
- ¾ tbsp chipotle hot sauce (optional)
Mix together in sauce pan, bring to boil, then down to a simmer for 15 -20 minutes
uncovered. Allow sauce to cool, store in sealed container in refrigerator
for up to 1 month.
Maple meringue pie
Simply fantastic classic Canadian pie.
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1-1/2 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 eggs separated
- ¾ cup pure maple syrup (dark)
- 1 cup of milk or butter milk
In a small mixing bowl, cream together butter, flour, brown sugar and
egg yolks. Add maple syrup, and milk stir well, meanwhile, beat egg
whites till frothy, fold into mixture. Pour mixture into uncooked pie crust
and bake at 350°F or (180°C) for 45 – 50 minutes until pie filling has set,
allow pie to cool and serve topped with whipped cream.
Maple Sugar Shortbread
These are always a hit, Maple shortbread is a great addition to the holiday cookie list.
- 2 cups of butter
- 1 1/2 cups of granulated maple sugar
- 4 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
Mix all ingredients well and knead once together, dice butter for ease of mixing. Form into 1 1/2” rolls wrap in foil or wax paper. Store in fridge for 2 hours before cutting dough into 1/4” slices. Bake at 350°F until golden brown, about 8-10 min.